1.07.2010

Take The "Less Is More" Approach When Post Processing Images

Today's article is more advice than anything else. One thing I wish I knew when starting my photography business was "LESS IS MORE." Now, what do I mean by this?

I always tended to show more images to my clients then what was really good for the both of us...

You are really doing both of yourselves a favor when you show less images. On one side, YOU don't have to finish editing as many images and that means you can save yourself time which is huge. You can also take that extra time and do a real nice job on the images that you DO show. Now YOUR CLIENT doesn't have as many images to choose from and it makes it easier for them to pick their favorites. Do them the favor of not having them juggle between two similar faces or poses. Get it done before the viewing session and your clients will spend more time buying and less time choosing.

You are also shooting yourself in the foot if you aren't doing viewing sessions.... I will save that for another time though. That's all I have to say for today.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy and be inLIGHTin'ed.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment